Sunday, October 17, 2010

www.thesequeliscoming.com

Dear Diary,

It’s been a long time since I’ve written.  Just a quick update- my crush talked to me the other day!  He told me that my shirt wasn’t ugly today!  It was so so awesome!  He even looked me in the eyes as he said it!  My life is complete.

Wait, I just realized something.  This is not my diary.  Oh my gosh.  My life is ruined.  I don’t have a delete button on this thing. 

OHMYGOSH. 

Anyways, I know I haven’t written on here in awhile either.  I apologize.  I’m just pretty important, and my life is pretty busy.  Actually, you must know that I’m kidding here, but in reality, I have been pretty busy, and this blog did take a backseat, and now I come humbly back.  Since I last wrote, I have read two books, and am halfway through my third.  See, I have been super-stressed, and my way to escape is to read.  It’s definitely been a help in these last few weeks. 

The two books I read have both been sequels- “the Girl Who Played with Fire” by Stieg Larsson (sequel to “the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”) and “Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins (sequel to “the Hunger Games”).  “The Girl Who Played with Fire” was okay.  I really don’t want to spend time talking about it though.  But “Catching Fire” was pretty amazing.  But truthfully, I don’t really feel inspired to talk about it either. 

One thing that did come to mind during reading both of them though, was the idea of a sequel.  It made me think about my life, and if my life was a book, where the writing would stop and then start again as a sequel.  Would my life be parceled into different times of schooling?  Would it be when I survived hard struggles?  Or has my sequel even begun yet?  Will it be when I find the love of my life?  When I have kids?  Will my life be an entire series of books (ala Anne of Green Gables, aka the best series of all time?).

If I had to split my life into two books, I don’t know where the divide would be.  It’s quite possible that it would be between high school and college.  I feel like I experienced a lot in my younger life, but it was in college and after that I pulled the knowledge from those life experiences and was able to become a more complete person.  But then, that just sounds like one book.

In a lot of ways, I feel like I’m still waiting for my sequel to start.  I’ve put so much work into my life, finding my way and becoming the person that I think people want me to be, expect me to be, and I am waiting, and waiting, and hoping for something to start.  I just don’t know what.  When does life start?  How do you start a new chapter…or more importantly, start a sequel?  Hopefully I will have lots of time in my life, and lots of experiences to fill lots of books.  But for now, I will just settle with trying to remember to write new blog entries…

Thank you all for being part of the book of my life.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment