Saturday, September 4, 2010

www.howitallstarted.com

It was a dark and stormy night.  Not really, but it did start in Washington, with two best friends, Jewel and Mandy.  That's us, if you didn't gather.  Best friends since 8th grade, when Mandy cornered Jewel and forced her to be her friend (can you tell Jewel is typing???) 

We are not going to tell the entire story of us, although it will in most likely come out throughout this blog.  And believe us, we have some pretty incredible and crazy memories.  But one thing that we share is a love of books.  Jewel has made it into a little bit of a career, working at a library, while Mandy consumes books like a starved baby tiger.  And that's why she took the 52 book challenge from Jewel.  Here's how it started.

Jewel:  "I think I'm going to challenge myself to read 52 books in 52 weeks."
Mandy:  "Wait, how long is 52 weeks?"
Jewel:  "A year."
Mandy:  "I will do it too!"

Hold on a second.  We are currently arguing about this, Mandy contests.  Either way, that's what we decided to do.  Starting on September 1st, 2010, we will read books and tell you all about them.  Read if you dare.

Mandy here. : ) Yes, I contested our supposed "conversation" that Jewel claims happened. She is just mad because after she told me about the challenge, I explained that I had already finished one whole book in September. Therefore, beating her at her own challenge already. So that, my friends, is why she would insinuate that I wasn't aware that 52 weeks composed a whole year.

Jewel back again.  I had to explain to Mandy that it doesn't matter how quickly you read a book, as long as you finish.  And then our blog idea came about- writing about what we are reading, and how that relates our life.  I also issued a challenge to Mandy just now that she does not use smiley face emoticons.  (It's going to be hard for me. Seriously.)

ANYWAYS - (Mandy here.) - We decided a few things. 1) We love books. 2) We sometimes have interesting lives. And the two could meet in the middle somewhere in this blog. So you will find what could be called grown-up book reports (Jewel vetoed that idea for our blog title, btw) and a little bit of life application. We're super fun people - it's a proven fact. We can both agree on that. We are hoping for a few things to come from this blog: fame, fortune, book deals, and boyfriends. So if you have any way of making any of those happen, keep reading and be dazzled by what you will find! Seacrest out.

Mandy. Quick! Try to look scholarly!
Jewel. Her two loves. :) (OOOPS.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi girls!!! I'm so excited. I've never posted a comment on a blog before. I don't know how much I'll be able to help with the book deals, fortune or boyfriends but I'll be a fan. You need fans to be famous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to "follow" you guys because this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea! I'd join you, but I don't have the time to commit to it. I look forward to following this blog. As for helping you achieve your goals, wish I knew of some suitable boyfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I love this blog. I'm following it every day of my life. LOVES TO MY BFFS.

    ReplyDelete